Thursday, August 26, 2010

Favorite Things - Spring Water is for Swimming!

Over the next several weeks i'll be posting about "my favorite things". If you are like me you are always interested in anything new & different. It keeps life interesting. I love to soak in other people's opinions on products, and then try it out to see what I think. So check back because you never know....some of these things might become your new favorites!!

First up is Smartwater.
I don't like drinking water. I hate it actually. Why would you drink water when there's sweet tea? It just seems ridiculous! However, there comes a time where your midsection doesn't take too kindly to all the sugar in the tea you're addicted to! :( The one thing I hate worse than water is UN-sweet tea....so water would have to be my replacement.
I live in the city limits, and our tap water is just awful so we always get bottled water. I would run into Publix, grab the cheapest case of water, and didn't think twice about it. Then one afternoon I was talking to my Mom, and she started telling me how they had been drinking Smartwater. I'm sure she listed several reasons why (like it's vapor distilled), but what really grabbed my attention was that Smartwater had electrolytes in it. This was important to me! I can't tell you how many times i've been at the gym working out and my fingertips would tingle and go numb. Another afternoon I almost passed out. Each time someone always said...."you need something with electrolytes in it"...then they would grab a Gatorade and bring it to me. That was fine. I like Gatorade, but once again...my midsection had a discussion with my taste buds & and they didn't agree on the sugar. It just seemed crazy to work out to lose weight, and consume a sugary drink at the same time. Smartwater was my answer.
I started drinking it when I worked out. Then I started grabbing a bottle while getting ready in the mornings. Since then it's become a habit. I have a bottle with me most of the time!
Another thing I love about Smartwater is the label! Inside every bottle there's a picture of an animal with a "tip" next to it.
Today my bottle has a picture of a frog. It says "going green is toadally sexy"...Another had a picture of an otter and said "let's drink responsibly and recylce...you know you really otter". How can you not love that? I get all excited to see what my next bottle will say. LOL!

If that wasn't convincing enough....this should help.....


1 comment:

  1. love it!!! both the post and the smartwater!!! although I didn't know about the animals, so I did learn something new here today!!! ~J

    ReplyDelete