Friday, June 25, 2010

Days 12,13, & 14 - Hollywood with a Touch of Twang!

I left a piece of my heart in Nashville. I absolutely loved that town! I wanted to go home, get Brad, and immediately take another vacay back to Nashville! When we pulled into town I could hardly contain my excitement. Bek & Jenn aren't quite as "southern" as I am so of course I caught some crap ;), but i'm ok with that. We went down to Jack's BBQ to get some lunch....I've read some southern chick lit that talks about Jack's so I just had to go! It wasn't quite what I expected, but oh my word was it ever delicious!!
After lunch we went to hunt our campground. I loved our cabin in Nashville. It had a bathroom in it, and we didn't have to trudge to a bathhouse for every little thing. We checked in, and decided to be lazy :) We ordered out pizza for dinner, and then got our beauty sleep. There was a whole "country" town waiting for me so I had to rest up. The next morning we got up and found a Cracker Barrel. There's not a breakfast on this earth that beats their "Eggs-in-a-basket". It's heaven! Soooo it was breakfast then shopping. I picked up a few gifts for some friends, tried on insanely expensive cowboy boots, bought a little black dress, and then had an ice cream cone..What? It was really hot outside! After shopping we went back to the cabin to get ready for dinner. I was so excited :)

We had dinner at the Wildhorse Saloon. Beka & I shared fried pickles & BBQ..mmm...mmm...good! The Wildhorse has this HUGE wood dance floor, and if you know anything about me, you know I LOVE to dance. I had been teasing Beka all night about how if they play "Giddy on Up" (our clogging recital dance) I was dragging her up there. Secretly I had a pretty good idea that an all male band wouldn't play anything by Laura Bell Bundy ;) ....However,...when the band took a break, and they crunk up the juke box wouldn't you know the first song to come on was none other that "Giddy on Up"! Beka and I cleared the dance floor when we started puttin' on our little clogging show...It was so much fun!! After dinner it was bedtime.


Friday was Beka's birthday! We found the most amazing little artisan restaurant so we decided thats where birthday breakfast would take place. The name of it is Marche, and it was divine. i had croissant frech toast with bacon, and a blackberry panicotti. Beka had a breakfast sandwich that came with a salad....which was weird, but she said it was yummy. Jenn had french toast as well and loved it :) ...I can hardly wait to go back to Nashville!!

Aftter Nashville we were headed to Atlanta for Beka's 21st Birthday weekend. We arrived a little earlier than expected so we wasted some time at the mall, and then met Katie's parents (Darryl & Donna) at Marietta Square. I'll have to put Darryl & Donna in a post of their own because they deserve it :) Marietta Square was out of a movie! There was a band in the park, little shops all around, people dancing, pizza,...I loved it. After the park we went back to Darryl & Donna's house and met J, P, Jona-bear, & Melba! It was so good to see all of them, but there was a fluffy pillow calling my name ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment