Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Day 11 - Eastbound & Down, Loadin' up & Truckin'

Last night we stayed in Amarillo. We didn't really see much of anything because we got to our cabin, ordered take-out, and crashed. Today has been nothing but hours & hours of driving. We don't really mind that though. We were on a mission to get back so we could spend a few days in Nashville. We cleared Texas, Oklahoma, Arkansas, & stayed in Memphis, TN. I'm not a huge Elvis fan (although I do like that "Clambake" movie), but I guess those of you who are will appreciate the fact that we camped next door to Graceland :) ...Here are the highlights of our day ;)
OK, don't let this little picture below fool you..
Driving "friendly" is most certainly NOT the "Texas Way".
In fact, I'm pretty sure I know why cowboys ride horses...driving an actual vehicle makes them a litte testy apparently!

Open Range...That fence is keeping them out...not in


Carrie Underwood's home town :)

No comments:

Post a Comment