Sunday, December 12, 2010

Welcome to my Crazy Life!

The past three months have been crazy! Moving, adjusting, and planning have consumed all of our time...well...the time that we haven't been at work! This little bit should bring you up to speed. The day before we left for Amelia Island (Sept. 8th) I found out that I was pregnant! We had to keep our mouths shut for 3 weeks until I could get in to see my doctor. It almost KILLED us. Brad slipped up 3 times that I remember, and I did once....Everyone still acted surprised when we told our news so at least we were amused ;) Our due date is May 8th and we are so excited. The week after we got home from Amelia Island we recieved a phone call & someone wanted to rent our townhouse! Brad was a little hesitant, but I jumped right on it and he eventually came around. So we packed up our life and moved into a single wide in what I like to call the "trailerhood". It is TINY!......Trust me...I've heard all of you people that say "Ohhhhh I lived in a one room shack with 10 kids and we got along just fine". Guess what? I DON'T CARE!! We moved from "fitting" in our house to "squeeeeeezing" in our trailer. I know we'll survive, but it doesn't mean it's not a huge adjustment!! Here's the good news....As we speak we are finalizing our house plans, and should be able to start building by the beginning of the year. Baby's gonna have a bedroom after all :)

Thanksgiving weekend was busy as usual. Brad worked & I had lunch with my family. Mom got a new dining room table, and could not wait to have everyone sit at the table TOGETHER. So that's exactly what we did, and she couldn't have been more proud! When Brad got off we headed over to have dinner with his family...and ate even more. Things haven't slowed down much since Thanksgiving. We've spent the last couple weeks trying to get ready for Christmas. I love the holidays, but I miss experiencing them as a kid sometimes. It was so easy then & seemed like time stood still. Now it's a mad rush to get everything done at Thanksgiving, and then move right on to Christmas. The one good thing about time flying by is that baby will be here in the blink of an eye. That....I am ready for!
There are 13 days until Christmas, and I am exactly 4 months & 3 weeks pregnant...almost halfway there!! Wednesday we go for another ultrasound, and if baby cooperates we'll get to find out if it's sugar & spice or snips & snails! We have some names picked out, and we've agreed on them surprisingly enough. Beka has everyone calling baby "Tweeter" & Jonas' 2 year old mind has somewhat grasped the concept that there's a baby in my tummy. After Wednesday we can call "Tweeter" by it's real name. I'll keep everyone posted :)

First Picture :) 11 weeks & 3 days

Exactly 4 months...& 5 lbs heavier...for now! lol

No comments:

Post a Comment